Friday, September 18, 2009

Well, my first official week of college has come and gone. I am a little bit worried about my music 171. It is nicknamed "Music Bootcamp" and it has lived up to every ounce of its name. I have transposed the header of hymns over 120 times within the past 3 days and loved every minute of it! (insert sarcastic voice)

As far as music goes, I am singing a fabulous second soprano in the women's choir, taking voice lessons from Eda Ashby, and privately studying with Brady Hodgson. It has been a lot of fun to associate with other people who are passionate about music as well and have some of the same dreams as me. It is also really great to have professors who A) actually know something about what they are teaching B) Actually enjoy what they are teaching and don't have lots of predetermined notions about their students. It is amazing the work that can be done when people actually care.

My Racial and Ethnic Relations class has quickly turned into a favorite. Dr. Stokes is one of the most hilarious men I have ever met! He has all these cute little stories from social work trips that he has taken and makes all these sarcastic remarks during class. I feel a little bit out of place because it is a 400 level class and most of the people who are taking it are juniors or seniors and a large majority are married. It is kind of strange and weird to have to prove myself all over again and work my way to the top. I'm feeling very young and slightly inexperienced, but really excited. My Doctrines of the Gospel is similar, but not as intense. My first day of class I sat between 2 married couples and it was a slightly...different situation.

Okay, so tomorrow, we are going on an a apartment date which I am not really excited for. I'm going with a returned missionary who served with my roommate on her mission and was her zone leader. I am feeling a little bit awkward and really, really, really hesitant about this whole experience. I am pretty disappointed as well because Jill and Jadyn are going to a concert tomorrow in Salt Lake and I really wanted to go with them, but my roommates are a little bit demanding and keep re-emphasizing the fact that dating is more important that getting to know people. Or at least, that is what I am getting from this. We are going to the ice caves though, and I am curious to see them. I don't have my winter coat or anything, so if I die of hypothermia, Kaelee can have my 24 Italian Art Songs and Arias book so that she doesn't have to buy one for Voice Lessons.

Well, I have just endured Bride Wars and must now purge myself with some pushing daisies. I'll let you know if I recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment