I am proud to announce that I am writing back within the month. Yes. Not 6 months, not 4 months, 1 month. Donation are accepted. So! Classes started on Thursday and so far everything is going well. My Math 108 teacher is amazing! He's actually not a "math" guy in the typical sense. He has a Bachelors in Finance and worked on Wall Street for a while. And then he wanted to closer family so he moved to Washington and worked for Well Fargo as one of their main loan gurus. After a while he decided that he wanted to be even closer for family so he started looking for jobs in Idaho and ended up at Ricks. Anyway, he's been here for 2 years and has taught the 108 class about 35 times. It's pretty gross. But he's a cool guy and he has a lot of real world experience which is nice. He also focus on stuff that we actually will use. So instead of making sure that our trigonometry is pitch-perfect he's more interested in making sure that we are able to calculate loans and make budgets and other such apparatus. I'm still a little frustrated that the Personal Finance class I took from USU won't convert over and cover this credit but I'm kind of excited to A) have a math class again and B) to review everything because its been about 4 years since I took PF1050. Yes. OH!!! And I spoke with my teacher about student loans and I get to teach the class about student loans when we cover loans. I'm pretty excited. AND since my lesson will be based off of class questions/questions received at the Financial Aid Office it will become a model for future curriculum because a section on student loans is going to be added to the course. Yep. I'm really proud of myself right now. I don't care if I'm gloating a bit. Anyway, my other classes are pretty average. Theory, Singer's diction, Environmental Stewardship, Exceptional Students, and Family Foundations. Family Fd. is going to be an interesting class I think. Oh, and speaking of families, Elder Scott's fireside tonight was phenomenal! I really enjoyed seeing a lighter side of him. He really is a funny guy! This is kind of embarrassing but for some reason I didn't realize that his wife had passed away. I felt sort of horrible because she's been dead since 1995...yeah, I'm not sure how I missed that memo.
So in other news, I was called to be the Relief Society Secretary today. I'm feeling very inadequate and slightly overwhelmed. I'm excited though. Today the Presidency went around to meet all of the girls and we also started to make a few of the callings. I have to say, I'm starting to appreciate the Relief Society more and more. There are so many girls who are just looking for friendship and love and the Relief Society meets all of those needs. It really is an inspired institution and even if I don't enjoy going to all of the activities and making excess blocks, picture frames, and other shelf clutter it has really been a blessing to be involved in different committees and now the Presidency. And I'm really excited to be the secretary and not a councilor. Michelle (my roommate) is the President and when she first received the calling she wanted to call me to be first councilor. Luckily for me though, she received different promptings. :)
So I know that this is a pretty short update but that's all I have time for. This week is going to be pretty crazy. Auditions for The Marriage of Figaro are coming up on Wednesday (AHHHHH!), the Pink Card meeting for all vocal majors is this Monday, I have a case study due tomorrow for a class that I haven't even been to yet, a translation for diction due, 12 conference talks to read for Family Fd...the list goes on and on. But I'm happy! Busy but happy and I wouldn't really have it any other way...except maybe a little bit warmer up here. Have a marvelous week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment