Friday, December 16, 2011

Let It Snow!!

My oh My!  Finals are finally over, my apartment is almost spotless, and I'll be heading back home to dear old Cache Valley tomorrow morning.  Could life get much better right now?  I submit that it could not.  School is absolutely wonderful but its always a nice feeling when you end a stressful semester and get to spend 2 and half weeks with the people you love most. :)  Here are some of the sanity savers from this semester:


Collegiate Singers


Every year I am so amazed by how different the choir is yet we always become such good friends.  This year has been and extremely enjoyable year in choir.  We performed the Messiah Baroque style with the BYUI Baroque Ensemble AND 2 professional Oboist (playing on period instruments of course!) from Cincinnati and 2 professional trumpeters (again, on natural horns) from New York and Philadelphia.  Thank you Bro. Tueller for being awesome enough to know such talented people!  Anyway, it was a wonderful semester in choir and I'm going to miss the members who are graduating/not coming back next semester a lot!  I learn so much from each and everyone of them and really grow as an individual through my interaction with them.  This sound cliche but I truly believe that choir is a tender mercy in my life.  Brownie points for who ever can point out what's odds about this pictures when compared with other choir pictures. :)

My Living Companions...so controversial :)




Meet Brittney and Rebekah.  They have been absolutely delightful to live with this semester.  I'm so grateful for their patience and their support throughout this semester.  Actually, they've both already headed home for Christmas and it is a little bit lonely without them here. We had a lot of fun this semester making caramel apples, holiday decorations, and homemade oreos (which were an epic failure) which were converted to a Halloween Cake. 


Not gourmet by any means but this cake was still pretty tasty.  And we had a lot of fun making it and learning that recipe instructions exist for a specific purpose.  Brittney graduated this semester and is doing her student teaching in Las Vegas but Rebekah will be back up in the Winter.  Hooray!

Chad and Tasha...what would I do without these two?

Tasha and I were roommates my very first semester up here at school.  About a year ago she married the dashing young Chad and they are currently living in the same ward as Keith and Linda.  Small world, right? Anyway, these two are absolutely wonderful and I really don't know what I would do without them!  Currently Tasha is about 6 months pregnant and we've been having a wonderful time looking for baby patters, etc.  Chad is one of the most amazing guys I know and has become pretty much an older brother to me.  You all might remember him as the guy who fixed my car for $20.  He is wonderful!  They both are hilarious, completely contrary, and simply adorable.  Thank you for preserving my sanity!  Hahah, there this was one time Jordin came to visit and we were picking up a movie from Red Box (Jordin was standing behind me and had his hands on my waist) when all of the suddenly Chad's arms wrap around us both...it was really funny because Jordin had only met Chad once.  Hooray for awkwardness!  It was actually pretty funny. :)

Well, that's about all of the time that I have.  I'll make sure to keep posting throughout the Christmas break and hopefully I'll have a chance to see a lot of you while I'm home!  Have a wonderful weekend!

P.S. i'm really sorry about the highlighted text...I can't figure out how to make it go away 

1 comment:

  1. I saw one facebook you updated your blog and thought It is about due time I follow your blog.....and lo and behold you wrote about us! You are too incredible! Makes me feel all great inside! You are wonderful Erin and we love you! You are pretty much the only one who ever comes to visit us. Oh also we still have those baby things to make...as well as skirts for when I am skinny again! Love you!

    ReplyDelete