Christmas break was wonderful and incredibly needed! I had the opportunity to spend some time in Castle Dale (spoken with and ascending vocal line) and get to know Jordin's family a little bit better. I really enjoyed my time down there and I'm incredibly grateful for their hospitality. Jordin came back up to Northern Utah with me and we spend New Year's with my family. Poor Jordin! I hope we didn't leave him too scarred! We had a great time socializing and relaxing with family and friends and are looking forward to spending more time with them this weekend!
Another update worth mentioning is my recent engagement. :) On January 14th Jordin proposed and about 3 weeks later I said yes. Just kidding! We're getting married on May 26th in the Logan, UT Temple at 11:00 A.M. If you're wondering, that's in 98 days and 18 hours...I'm not really looking forward to it. :) Here's a picture of my ring:
This weekend we're going home to Cache Valley to finalize some wedding plans and I'm going to have my dress fitting. You'll have to wait until I post wedding pictures before I let you see that though. Jordin was laughing at me the other day because when I came up to school I was determined to not get married and to finish my education first, establish my own career, go to grad school, etc. It's pretty ironic that I'll get married basically a month and a half before I graduate. Oh the irony of life! Actually planning a marriage has been a really interesting experience because the wedding is really the easy part! The most stressful/difficult thing has been finding housing! We're getting married in the middle of Spring semester and I'll be doing my student teaching in the Fall so we're only looking for a place to live in Idaho for like 3 months. This makes it so difficult to find a place to live, especially because we would like to find a furnished apartment. Oh my...
As far as day to day life goes...well, there hasn't been a lot going on lately. Both Jordin and I are just going to school, working, and trying to get good grades in all of our classes. I have incredible roommates this semester, which has really been SUCH a blessing! Our goal next week though is to spend more time at Jordin's apartment and get to know his roommates a little bit better. We end up at my apartment pretty frequently because I've only got 2 roommates and he has 9...so yeah. For those of you who don't know, Jordin is a Psychology major and would like to work as a marriage and family therapist. I'm still in the Music Education program and am will be graduating this July! (HOORAY!!!!) Anyway, I should probably get back to my mountain of homework. I'm sure that you all will see another additional update this weekend. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Let me know if you need any wedding help! Good luck on mid terms too! :) And lets get together soon!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you to get married! So funny story I came to your blog and some music started blasting and I almost had a heart attack, and it took me forever to find out how to turn it off lol
ReplyDelete