School so far is going really well. Poor Jordin has been so busy this semester! We both are working 18-20 hours a week, going to school full time, and trying to make sure everything is good for the wedding/life after the wedding. Jordin also has some classes this semester that are really time consuming. He's taking Anat & Phys, Social Work, Sociology, and Social Statistics just as a taste of his exciting schedule. His Sociology class sounds sort of cool though. This week his class was split into groups and each group had to create their own culture. They then presented their culture to the class and the winning group received extra credit on their test. Jordin's group was the winning group and it was a culture that worship hedgehogs and trees. :) I'm glad I've had such a positive influence on him. Hedgehogs really are adorable though. I mean how cute is this little guy?!
Or his little buddy taking a bath
I think that hedgehogs are adorable. Clarification: I think that LIVE hedgehogs are adorable. *Cough, Cough* Bridget *Cough Cough* :) Anyway some other things about Jordin's culture. Everyone owns a hedgehog because they are a religious animal. The rite of passage for all youth is teaching your hedgehog to swim across the Snake River, trees are representations of departed spirits, I can't remember all of the rest. I'll ask him and post it later because it was very creative and funny. But school is going well...slowly but surely we're pushing forward.
So I have an opinion question for everyone. Jordin really wants to go see The Avengers tonight so we're going to see if we can get tickets to go out to the Roxy. Has anyone seen it yet? Is it any good? Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 93% but I'm a little hesitant because Iron Man is really the only Avengers movie that I've really enjoyed or would consider purchasing. The Roxy is a pretty cheap theater so we'd only be in $5 per ticket...but is it really worth it or should be just wait and see it at the Dollar Theater or rent it through Red Box? I'm just curious for feed back. :) You know what movie I still really want to see but haven't had a chance to yet? THE ARTIST! But I think Jordin will probably win out with The Avengers tonight. Oh well I guess. :) I do make him watch Once Upon a Time with me all the time so I suppose I can tolerate Avengers.
Tomorrow I have an opportunity to do something kind of cool. I'm going down to Idaho Falls to teach the music portion of an audition clinic. Kids ages 10-18 (I think) are coming to work on audition techniques. I get to help them find their vocal range so they can choose appropriate music, work on movement/expression of their piece, how to introduce yourself and the piece to the judges, etc. I'm kind of excited about it! I'm also very fortunate to have the lovely Moom Wilcox helping me out so I don't have to do all of it by myself. At the end of each session the kids are going to have a mock audition. So they will sing the 16 bar selection that we learned in the music portion and also do a cold reading while the teachers (That's me!!!) will evaluate them and give them constructive feedback about improvement that they've made and ideas for further improvement, etc. It should be kind of fun. Jordin is coming down with me but he's just going to work on homework in one of the other rooms. We've been trying to stay ahead of our homework so that next week when we go down to Logan we can just relax and enjoy time with family as well as the temple! Eeekkk! This Sunday I'm having my first interview for my temple recommend (with my Bishop) and on Tuesday I'll meet with the Stake President.
Well, I think that pretty much updates you on what's going on in our lives right now. I'll probably post again on Sunday and let you know how awesome our homework party was this weekend and give a a report on the Avengers. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! For everyone back home, we'll see you in a week! Oh! And just a quick reminder, the upcoming Curtis Family blog is in the design stage. PLEASE take a minute to look it over and let us know what you think. The address is erinandjordin.blogspot.com. Also, The Curtis Family blog will most likely be the blog we use in the future, I haven't decided if I'm going to continue my personal blog or not but you'll want to use the new blog for family updates after May 26th. Thanks everyone!


ok I have many things to say to you
ReplyDelete1. I love hedgehogs to I think they are sooooooooo cute, I really want one.
2. I have heard Avengers is really good
3. I love Once Upon A Time!
4. I really miss you and I didnt get an invite(I don't know if they are out yet but I assume they are) I would really like to maybe come to your reception if you are having one here
5. Can we hang out, I miss you. Call me or I will contact you after your married... like probably several weeks after ;)
Lizzy! I have many things to say to you as well!
Delete1. Hegehogs are my new favorite animal! They are adorable and from what I've read fairly easy to take care of. My sister played this horrible joke on me for Christmas. I really, really, really want a hedgehog. So...she went to Petsmart and got one of the boxes they send hamsters and such home in, found two hedgehog decorations (that actually look a lot like live hedgehogs) and put the decoration into the box. When she gave it to me she was all like "Be really gentle opening this one, yada yada yada yada, so I was REALLY excited and I opened it up, saw one hedgehog and said "OH! I have a hedgehog! I have TWO HEDGEHOGS...but I don't think they're alive." Funny moment but also one of the worst let-downs of my life. :)
2. We went to see avengers...you'll have to read my post for Sunday because I'll be talking all about it.
3. I ADORE ONCE UPON A TIME! I can't believe that we're almost to the season finale! Although, I hope that this is only like a 2 or maybe 3 season show...I don't think that I could watch it for say 5 or 7 seasons.
4. I miss you too! I would absolutely love to hang out sometime. The next few weeks are going to be kind of busy because I'm receiving my endowment this week. (Hooray!) We're moving our stuff into our apartment next week, and then getting married the following week. Crazy huh! The house that we're living in though has a pretty big back yard and a fire pit so we were planning on having a little house party within the first few weeks after we're married since there are actually a few people that we haven't seen as much as we would like to this semester. I don't think I have your number, but mine is 435.770.4207. Please send me a text or something and we'll definitely let you know when we do our little get together! Since we'll be moving to Arizona in August we're trying to fit in as much time as we can with our Rexburg friends before we have to go!
I haven't seen Avengers yet, but my friend has and she said it was great! She saw it without seeing Captain America or Thor. She said it was nice knowing the background to iron man and a couple others but it wasn't needed to enjoy the movie. :)
ReplyDeletePs. The whole own apartment, that's what my hubby and I were most excited for and it is truly the best!!!
Leslie
We know you like live hedgehogs because you've neglected the ones you have at home and apparently one of them is suicidal from said neglection. If you can't even take care of these ones, I don't think you're ready for real ones!! =P Try to look past the prickly inanimate figurines and see them for what they truly are...a heartfelt (ish) gift from your loving family who are trying to make your life somewhat happy without having to force all of this stress and responsibility onto your shoulders, as well as preventing trauma to the hedgehog. As example, Millie with your coat on, or Leia with her tiny sweater on. Enough said.
ReplyDelete